Bastyr’s Master of Arts in Maternal-Child Health Systems equips health professionals to address the unique health systems needs during pregnancy and the first year after birth. The program emphasizes reproductive justice, interdisciplinary and community partnerships with a curriculum that promotes critical analysis. Graduates are prepared to enter the field as leaders that support innovative maternal-child health systems solutions to address the health needs of childbearing people and their infants through a social justice lens.
- Flexible online course format. 学生 experience the freedom to continue living and working in their home communities.
- 领导者学位课程. Graduates are prepared for influential positions to create equitable and human-centered models to improve the health and lives of childbearing families in their region.
- 世界一流的教育. Bastyr’s expert faculty delivers high-quality instruction with a focus on deepening knowledge and developing skills to promote critical analysis.
- 选择你的专业. 学生 are given the option of completing a master’s thesis, a capstone project or an internship. The project is designed by the student in collaboration with an advisory committee, based on the student’s interest in 研究, 教育, organizational functioning or policy development.
Graduates of Bastyr’s Master of Arts in Maternal-Child Health Systems become respected colleagues in both conventional and natural medicine circles and have the tools they need to successfully advocate for change in the maternal child health system.
- 教育 leadership, 研究, policy making and advocacy
- Program management and administration
- Consultant to maternal/infant health initiatives
- Educator in maternal-child health systems
- Local or national policy advocate
Set in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, Bastyr’s expansive Seattle-area campus provides a serene, natural environment for students to deepen their health 教育. Our campus is located in the Seattle suburb of 肯,华盛顿, and encompasses 51 acres along the shore of Lake 华盛顿.
The MCHS program is primarily online, enabling students to remain in their home communities. For a few days at the beginning and again at the end of the program, students will travel to Bastyr’s Kenmore campus to enjoy in-person classes and activities with their cohort and instructors. Onsite accommodations are available.
Gain a master’s-level understanding of Maternal-Child Health Systems through a curriculum delivered in a convenient online format. 参考UC8体育首页的 课程设置表 完整的课程时间表. This table reflects a full-time course of study, but part-time is also available.
The program prepares trained midwives, 助产师, 分娩教育者, lactation consultants and other maternal-child health care providers to confidently and effectively advocate for families throughout the childbearing years. Expected learning outcomes of graduates can be found in the 课程目录.
接触一个顾问 to learn more about the Master of Arts in Maternal-Child Health Systems.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with a GPA of 3.0或更高.
- Contact the 招生 Advisor if you do not have a Bachelor’s degree but have a mix of relevant college and professional experience.
- At least two full-time years of practical experience as a maternal healthcare professional, 或者在相关领域, 例如公共卫生, 医学或心理.