The 公共卫生硕士 program at UC8体育 is accredited by the Council on 教育 for 公共卫生 (CEPH.) CEPH accreditation is considered the benchmark of quality in the evaluation of public health programs and assures that the Bastyr MPH degree provides the highest standard of education for the public health profession in practice, 研究与服务.
The recent pandemic has spotlighted the health problems in our nation as well as the social, political and environmental factors that contribute to health inequities especially for our most marginalized and vulnerable populations. 公共 health plays a key role in all areas of our lives; it affects and is affected by decisions made in other sectors of our society.
UC8体育’s 公共卫生硕士 (MPH) program equips you with the skills and knowledge to address all factors – biological, social and environmental – necessary to help solve these community health problems. Through experienced faculty mentorship, as well as practicum and capstone projects with outstanding community partners, you’ll be well prepared to work in a variety of public health settings that support social justice and health equity.
- 设计ed for working professionals. With a hybrid-evening course format, you’ll find the flexibility you need to live and work while simultaneously earning your degree.
- 变革课程. Bastyr’s MPH program maintains a commitment to social justice and human rights, as well as improved quality and accessibility in health care and health education.
- 世界一流的教育. Experience expert faculty mentorship, 小班级规模, and real world experiences through practicum and capstone projects with outstanding community partners.
根据美国.S. 劳工统计局, employment opportunities in public health are projected to grow significantly over the next eight years.
Graduates of Bastyr’s 公共卫生硕士 program:
- Are eligible to become certified as Community Health 教育 Specialists
- Can work with a variety of public health and community education programs
- Learn to apply human rights and social justice principles to public health problems
Set in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, Bastyr’s expansive Seattle-area campus provides a serene, natural environment for students to deepen their health education. Our campus is located in the Seattle suburb of 肯,华盛顿, and encompasses 51 acres along the shore of Lake 华盛顿.
在UC8体育首页西雅图校区, you’ll enjoy dynamic classroom environments and unique facilities for research, laboratory and clinical experiences. Our campus location also affords you easy access to the rich cultural experiences of the Seattle metropolitan area and unlimited exposure to the natural wonders of the Puget Sound region.
Bastyr’s 公共卫生硕士 curriculum is delivered in a convenient hybrid-evening course format that covers five core competency areas: biostatistics, 流行病学, 环境健康科学, 卫生政策和管理, and social and behavioral sciences. 参考UC8体育首页的 课程设置表 完整的课程时间表. This table reflects a full-time course of study, but part-time is also available.
The program equips graduates with the knowledge and training needed to create effective solutions that lead to systemic social change within health systems. Expected learning outcomes of graduates can be found in the 课程目录.
接触一个顾问 to learn more about the 公共卫生硕士 program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an average GPA of 3.0或更高.
- Completion of an introductory course in statistics or biostatistics with a grade of B or better within the last seven years.